Mogavero Architects is proud to have designed Sacramento’s first LGBT-friendly affordable senior housing development. Located in vibrant Midtown — close to transit, downtown and nearby Lavender Heights — Lavender Courtyard by Mutual Housing California will provide 50+ energy efficient residential units for an aging population often displaced by rising housing costs and marginalized in mainstream senior facilities.
This project will transform a vacant and blighted lot into a place for social service.
We believe sustainable design has the power to extend beyond the building envelope and into the heart and soul of community. This project will transform a vacant and blighted lot into a place for social service, meal delivery, potential commercial use, community events, cultural heritage, social engagement, landscape, and energy production while providing a safe, and comfortable home for all its residents.
Everyone deserves the opportunity to thrive in place — regardless of income, identity, age or race. We welcome this new addition to our portfolio and much more importantly, to our community.
- Supports healthy Urban Communities
- Urban infill and transit oriented development
- Designed around common rooms and a courtyard to enhance community and social engagement
- Pedestrian and bicycle friendly
- Ground floor common and commercial street frontage enhances economic opportunity and community interaction
- Attractive, modern design
- Promotes safety, comfort and liveliness for residents and neighbors
- Reduced Impact on environmental resources
- Focus on reduced energy consumption
- Designed to achieve zero net energy
- Designed to achieve rooftop solar PVs
- Designed to achieve laundry-to-landscape graywater irrigation system
- Water efficient landscape design
- Passive solar design approach
- Natural ventilation
- On-site storm water management
- Sustainable streetscape design