Mogavero Architects is seeking an individual to join our team who is eager to learn and grow into our Construction Administration, Building Codes Specifications Specialist, along with using their expertise in architecture and construction. We are a progressive firm with a strong environmental focus and a commitment to designing urban, transit-oriented, ecological projects. A mentor will be provided for this position.
Successful candidates will have experience, general knowledge or interest in:
- Reviewing plans and specifications for multi-family residential, commercial and other major developments to ensure compliance with building codes and ordinances.
- Interest in building systems, codes and CDT (construction docs technology), along with desire to obtain CASp certification.
- Provides quality control for major types of building construction, materials and methods.
- Researching and answering complex code questions and provides technical information to design professionals and advises code knowledge and design requirements.
- Stays current on pertinent federal state and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Principles of structural design.
- Is motivated to continually learn and share information.
- Desire to participate in organizations involved building codes to include CBSC, CSI, CalBO, SVABO.
- Degree in Architecture. Licensed architect, helpful.
- 10 years of experience in architecture with construction administration. 5 years of multi-family residential preferred.
- Basic knowledge of building materials, construction methods and other related codes;
- Knowledge of building, electrical, mechanical, and/or plumbing, zoning, energy and accessibility codes and regulations;
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Flexibility to work with interruptions and to move from topic to topic with ease.
- Must have the ability to identify and solve complex problems by conferring and providing information to architects, and others regarding code requirements and alternatives.
- Maintaining specifications templates.
- Mentoring staff with building code knowledge.
- Assist with maintenance of details library.
- Construction Administration
- Working on projects with other architects and design team
- Consultant Coordination.
We offer an excellent benefits package which includes a 401K Plan, profit sharing, medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as medical and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts, education allowance, gym reimbursement, and parking. We invite you to join our family and make a difference in your life and professional practice.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.