The Architectural/Office Assistant Intern will provide administrative and office support, including construction administration duties, for the firm. This is under the direction of the Office Manager and Intern Coordinator, and can receive direction from other office personnel, architects, and designers. Position will be 16-24 hours per week.
The duties of this role are inclusive of, but not limited to the following:
- Filing, including project files, flat files, and marketing files. May assist in maintaining product literature library, architectural and planning library.
- Organize, update, and maintains materials library.
- Archives closed projects and files. Maintains archived files in mezzanine/storage area.
- Maintains and updates database.
- Phone coverage and/or backup as necessary.
- Produces correspondence and other documents as requested by professional staff.
- Updates Specification documents as requested.
- If knowledge exists, provide architectural rendering support.
- If knowledge exists, may provide some assistance with basic architectural drawings utilizing CAD equipment and technology and may assist with digital imaging.
- If knowledge exists, may provide assistance with Adobe In-Design and Photoshop assignments for the Marketing assignments.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Construction Administration Duties
- Log all incoming RFI’s, Submittals and ASI’s for construction projects within the office.
- Maintain RFI/Submittal process and log. Forward RFI’s as needed to appropriate consultant.
- Track responses from designers and outside consultants and ensure they are returned in a timely basis.
- Answer simpler RFI’s and Submittals with project manager supervision.
- Prepare and track punch list items and change orders for completion of projects.
- Update PDF documents using Bluebeam for RFI’s, Submittals or other documents for distribution to project team.
- Assist in typing, redlining and assembly of construction documents when directed.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Vocational/technical training. Courses in architecture preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Familiarity with filing procedures and systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and basic knowledge of appropriate formatting of office correspondence and forms. Professional, friendly and courteous phone etiquette. Familiarity with office equipment such as copy machines, binding machines, postage machine, and the like. Experience with Mac computer preferred. Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks.