Mogavero Architects’ code authority Jay Hyde has been awarded the 2019 Code Development Award from the Sacramento Valley Association of Building Officials (SVABO). SVABO has recognized Jay with the award for outstanding service each year since 2011.
Jay’s expertise touches every project Mogavero Architects takes on, providing code analysis, quality control and plan review. His wide-ranging capabilities in all phases of architectural practice also include estimating, constructability analysis and specifications, as well as construction documents and support.
Currently, Jay is Chair of the SVABO Code Development and Review Committee, a post he has held since 2013. His other professional affiliations include:
- Chair, California Association of Building Officials (CalBO) Outreach and Communications Committee
- Member, CalBO State Licensing Board Committee
- Director, Construction Specifications Institute, Sacramento Chapter
- Architect Representative, California State Building Standards Commission Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical and Energy Code Advisory Committee
- Member, Los Angeles Basin International Code Council (LABICC) Administration Committee
Jay’s vast knowledge and exposure to building officials throughout the State provide an incredible asset to the Mogavero team.
Congratulations to Jay on his many achievements!