Mogavero Architects is seeking a highly motivated Designer/Drafter with ArchiCAD expertise, preferred.
Responsible for the creative architectural design, development and illustration of building typologies, a Designer will be expected to work on a range of building types at various scales, including live-work, mixed-use and retail buildings, multi-family, civic buildings and public spaces of all types. As a member of the project team, a Designer is involved in the establishing design direction, administering working drawings, preparing design presentations and coordinating with agencies effecting design.
The Designer works closely with the principals and other team members in the development of architectural and urban design concepts. The position requires coordination of the architectural design work with other architects and other personnel in the office, as well as sub-consultants. Work products will include hand-drawn conceptual and schematic design studies, hand-drawn renderings and architectural graphics, computer generated drawings and concept diagrams, as well as building design standards and guidelines. Strong capabilities in architectural design for urban building typologies, high quality detailing, and construction techniques are required.
- Responsible for creativity in architectural design and preparation of Programming, Schematic Design and Construction documents.
- Prepares working drawings showing plans, elevations, sections, materials and finishes, as well as other aspects such as layouts, plumbing, drainage, car parking and landscaping.
- Responsible for developing details and providing design support.
- Assists in developing and coordinating specifications and related documents.
- Utilizes state-of-the-art BIM and CAD equipment and technology; maintains current knowledge of BIM and CAD technology principles and applications.
- Assist in the coordination of consulting designers and engineers.
- Maintain current knowledge of construction materials and methods.
- Construction Administration.
Minimum Experience; Knowledge, Skills and Abilties
- 4 to 6 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Proficiency in current BIM programs and working experience in ArchiCAD or Revit. Experience working with iMac, helpful.
- Candidates should be motivated to continually learning, organized, take initiative to raise the bar, enjoy working in a collaborative environment and be committed to the success of the project.
- Education: Architectural School Graduate preferred, but not required.
We offer an excellent benefits package which includes a 401K Plan, profit sharing, medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as medical and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts. We also provided educational expense reimbursement for licensing and other learning opportunties.
We invite you to join our family and make a difference in your life and professional practice.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.